Every pregnancy is a unique and individual experience, from the discovery of conception to labor, birth and parenting. During pregnancy, a number of body changes occur to the expectant mother no matter what size, shape, age or fitness you are in. Many of these changes are obvious and easy to see, but what about the hidden physical and emotional changes? What about those unseen events happening within, as the pregnancy reaches full term?
Peggy has been guiding women through the journey of pregnancy, birth and post-birth. Her approach is to encourage the natural process of birth and to empower the whole family to consciously honor this precious time together.
Here is a list of services Peggy provides to help you take time to be prepared for the joys of parenting.
- BALANCING SESSIONS – During pregnancy and preparing for the birth of your baby many questions, issues or even fears can arise. The Yuen Method can release old patterns, memories and emotions, creating the space for new, wholesome ways to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and the birth. You will leave feeling more relaxed, connected with your baby and open to the natural transformation of pregnancy and birth.
- CHILDBIRTH EDUCATION – HypnoBirthing Childbirth Education course coming in September 2010. Stay tuned by signing up for our newsletter or come check back on this page.
- PRE- AND POST- YOGA AND MEDITATION – In this one-on-one class, discover essential tips on safe exercises and learn how to feel more connected with your baby and look after your body during and after pregnancy. Yoga helps to increase your muscle strengths, energy, circulation and massages the pelvis in preparing for birthing. Meditation helps to focus on your inward journey, using the breath as a powerful tool for healing, relaxation and letting go of any fear and anxiety.
- INFANT MASSAGE CLASS – Giving your child the touching gift of love. Baby massage is a wonderful experience for both you and your baby. It is so simple in terms of technique, yet so powerful in what it conveys – your love, your understanding and your attention. In this 5-week course, you will learn how to relax your baby, improve their sleep patterns and bond in a non-verbal way. Click here to read more about the benefits of Infant Massage.
- MOM & BUB YOGA CLASS - This Mom & Bub yoga class is a wonderful playtime for both you and your baby. In this 60-minute class, you will discover essential tips on gentle stretches and learn how to feel more connected with your baby and look after your body after pregnancy. While there will be lots of creative and fun ideas for mums to practice yoga postures with their babies, including a “baby yoga” sequence, you will also learn how to relax your baby and bond in a non-verbal way.
HEALTH & DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT SESSION – As your newborn is adapting to his/her new life outside of the womb, this baby-centered session will attend to your baby’s needs by helping him/her adjust to the new environment. An integrative approach using various methods can help to address and relieve the root causes of common challenges such as eczema, breastfeeding, food sensitivities, colic and reflux, incontinence, issues with sleeping through the night and crying. This service extends from toddlers to preschool children.
- Allergy Elimination Therapy (NAET)
- Yuen Method